Are you a VFX professional with Editorial experience who is interested in working with an award-winning studio?
You are an organized VFX Editor who has experience working in the VFX industry and in an editorial capacity. Working with people excites you – you are excited about working with all types of personalities including supervisors, external vendors, artists, and clients. You are a proactive problem-solver who comes up with creative solutions around footage and complex conforming.
As the VFX Editor, you play a key part in the team and are the fulcrum of projects at the studio. You will liaise with production, artists, external vendors and clients to ensure footage is uploaded and exported appropriately in Shotgun.
- Conform edits from external editorial departments
- Ingest and prepare plates for artist VFX work
- Keep reference edits up to date in Premiere, Resolve, Hiero and proprietary review systems
- Source and prepare additional elements e.g. witness cam, FX elements etc.
- Manage editorial systems workflow and data
- Maintain editorial and shot info in proprietary databases and Shotgun
- Liaise with editorial at other Embassy locations and/or with external editorial departments
- Drive editorial systems in dailies sessions and client meetings
- Prepare and deliver final VFX shots to external grading and finishing facilities
- Assemble showreels, breakdowns and project reels under the supervision of the creative team
- Work with department supervisors and RND/IT teams to improve workflow and methodologies
- At least 1 year of experience working in the VFX industry
- 3-4 years’ professional experience in editing and/or finishing
- Strongly versed in Premiere, Resolve, Hiero or similar editorial tools
- Experience in other finishing or grading tools is a major asset e.g. Baselight, Flame, Lustre, Mistika
- Knowledge of Shotgun or similar show databases
- Good understanding of editorial and color files and formats e.g. EDL, XML AAF, CDL, BLG etc.
- Proficiency in film and video broadcast standards and video & graphics formats
- Excellent grasp of the whole filmmaking process from pre- to post-production
- Possess great interpersonal skills; team-oriented, friendly and a people’s person
- Be deadline driven and pro-active in finding solutions